|Advisory Committee Member
Director and Lead Author, National Human Development Report for Egypt
Areas of Interest:
- Labor Markets and Human Development
- Industrial Organization
- Ph.D., Economics, School of Oriental and African Studies, The University of London, UK, 1974
- M.A., M.Sc. Economics, The University of London, UK, 1970
- Director and Lead Author, National Human Development Report for Egypt 2007, 2007-present
- Research Director, Gender Economic Research and Policy Analysis (GERPA), 2006-2007
- Director and Lead Author, National Human Development Report for Egypt, 2003-2005
- “The Quest for Economic Reform and Structural Transformation in the Arab Region”, presented to the High-Level Round Table of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), May 2006.
- Arab Women and Economic Development, editor. A volume of papers presented at a seminar held at the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development in Kuwait. Published by American University in Cairo Press, 2005.
- Employment Creation and Social Protection in the Middle East and North Africa, co-edited with Zaffiris Tzannatos, American University in Cairo Press, 2002