Research Fellows are ERF’s core constituency of researchers. They are highly qualified economists from the region who are engaged in front-line research in their areas of specialization, with published output in refereed journals and books. Research Fellows play an important role in ongoing ERF activities such as electing the Board of Trustees, nominating new Fellows, developing and leading ERF research programs, refereeing papers, organizing meetings, and contributing to publications. Fellows are nominated by peers, screened by ERF's Advisory Committee and approved by the Board of Trustees.
Research Fellow Selection
Eligibility for consideration requires that:
- The candidate should originally be from the ERF region.
- The candidate must have a PhD or an equivalent degree.
- The candidate should be a researcher in economics or closely related fields.
- The candidate must have at least two articles published in refereed journals cited in the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) or equivalents in languages other than English.
- The candidate should provide evidence of continued research activity.
- The candidate must submit a letter of intent accompanied by a full CV including list of publications and research activities.
- Active participation in ERF activities is desired.
This category of affiliation was developed in response to the need for building bridges between research outcomes and policymaking in the region. Senior Associates are accomplished professionals from the region whose past research credentials and present position of influence provide an essential channel of communication with the policymaking community. Senior Associates are approved by the Board of Trustees. They are non-voting members of the ERF constituency.
ERF affiliation offers
Access to research opportunities
Networking opportunities with highly esteemed scholars
Peer review of research
Access to international organizations and networks and economic development practitioners
Invitation to ERF Annual Conference and other ERF events
For more information, please contact: